In-home euthanasia and aftercare for your pet in the place your pet loves most—home.
Services and Pricing
We’re here to make your final goodbye as simple and easy as possible. We’re with you every step of the way.
What to expect
Once you have made the decision to euthanize your pet, you will need to complete and sign the Euthanasia Consent Form. This form includes a waiver that your pet has not bitten anyone within the past 10 days. Please contact us if your pet has bitten you or another person during this time.
Upon arrival at your home, Dr. Benson will administer oral and/or injectable medication to help relax your pet. If your pet is still eating, a delicious and long-lasting treat can be used as a distraction; the injection may sting momentarily.
Once your pet is relaxed, Dr. Benson will give the final injection. Pet euthanasia is a massive overdose of anesthesia that causes the brain to shut down, followed by the heart slowing and stopping. This usually lasts one to three minutes.
At this time, you and your family can say your goodbyes. Home visits typically last 30 to 60 minutes.
Things to think about or prepare ahead of time:
- Consider lighting candles, playing relaxing music, laying out blankets and pillows, or reading a poem or prayer.
In-home pet euthanasia
We know this is not an easy time for you, but we’ll be there every step of the way. When it is time to say goodbye, we will ensure your pet has a tranquil and peaceful experience in the privacy and comfort of home surrounded by your family.
- Up to 30-minute drive: $300
- 30- to 60-minute drive: $350
- 60- to 90-minute drive: $400
- 90- to 120-minute drive: $500
- Urgent (less than 24 hours notice) and Holidays: Additional $200
At this time, Sweet Rock Pet Hospice is not providing transport for cremation services. If this is something you would like to pursue for your pet, we recommend reaching out to your regular veterinarian or Saginaw Valley Pet Cremations for further assistance.
- Home burial: Please check with your local city or county as to their regulations regarding pet burial
- Cemetery burial: We currently partner with Whispering Meadow Pet Cemetery for your pet’s burial
Get to know Dr. Benson!
Dr. Benson is here to make the final goodbye with your pet as peaceful as possible.